In some scenarios you will need to reinstall Pepper’s operating system, called NAOqi. Follow these steps to perform a factory reset on your Pepper. You can also factory reset Pepper using Choregraphe - those instructions are here.
1. Download the NAOqi 2.5.10 system image here.
2. Download PuTTY if you are using Windows (with Mac OS and Linux you can directly use a terminal) http://www.putty.org/
3. Download FileZilla (you can use SCP protocol if you prefer) https://filezilla-project.org/
1. Connect to your robot using SSH:
|Mac and Linux|
Enter NAO's IP address in the field named "Host Name or IP Address"
It will ask you to login. User name and password: nao
Open a terminal.
Enter ssh nao@XX.XX.XX.XXX where XX.XX.XX.XXX is your robot's IP.
Enter your robot's password.
2. Copy the system image downloaded on your Pepper using Filezilla:
a. Open Filezilla.
b. Enter your robot's IP in the Host Name field.
c. Enter User name and password.
d. Enter 22 in the Port field.
e. Click on Connect.
f. Copy the system image from your laptop to the /home/nao folder (Transfer of file could take 10 minutes)
3. When the image has copied onto Pepper, go back to the PuTTY Window. Enter the command
where XXXX is the name of your system image file (you can use auto complete by beginning the file name and pressing TAB).
It should look something like this:
4. Reboot your robot. The shoulders and ears lights should be blinking blue. Wait until the Get Starting Wizard is displayed on the screen which should be about 20 minutes depending on the version you are installing.
And you did it! you performed a reset on your Pepper Robot!
Please fill out the following form and we will contact you soon to guide you and help you through your problem!