Filament can swell inside the extruder and get stuck.
If you cannot unload filament from one of the extruders, do the following:
1. On the LCD panel, navigate to Utilities > Change Filament > Unload. This option heats the extruders.
Cracks, Warping, Rippling, Drift... Tips to help your projects look their best on the very first try.
If you are having problems loading filament into one of the extruders, perform the following steps:
1. Using the LCD panel, navigate to Utilities > Filament Options > Unload. This option heats the extruders.
2. Make a fresh cut at the end of the filament. It is important that the filament have no bends in it. If there are bends, cut off the bent section of filament.
3. Insert the filament into the hole at the top of the extruder. Keep pushing it in until you start to see plastic come out of the nozzle.
You might have to apply some pressure.
4. When the filament is successfully loaded, set the extruder lever arm to the closed position.
Your MakerBot Replicator will shake during printing if you print at high speeds with acceleration turned off.
Attempting to print at high speeds with acceleration turned off can harm your MakerBot Replicator.
To check and change the Acceleration setting, go to the LCD menu on your Replicator MakerBot 2X and navigate to Info and Settings > General Settings > Accelerate.
You can turn acceleration off and on. Acceleration is turned on by default. If you have acceleration turned off, you should not print at speeds above 40 mm/s.
There are a few problems that can cause your MakerBot Replicator to stop extruding. Use this checklist to determine the cause and appropriate solution.
If printed objects are difficult to remove from the build plate, try these solutions:
• Wait for the build plate to cool down. Objects will detach more easily when both the plastic and the plate are cool.
If printed objects are not sticking to the build plate, try these solutions:
If you’re unable to find an answer on our website, fill out the form below to start a ticket. We normally aim to respond to all emails within a few days.