UNVEILING OF NAO EVOLUTION: A STRONGER ROBOT AND A MORE COMPREHENSIVE OPERATING SYSTEM
ALDEBARAN is announcing the launch of NAO EVOLUTION, the new generation of its NAO robot, equipped with the NAOqi 2.0™ operating system.
Aldebaran, the global leader in humanoid robotics, is pleased to announce the launch of NAO EVOLUTION, the 5th and latest generation of NAO, the interactive, autonomous, and fully programmable robot. NAO is already being used for specific research and education purposes. Over 5000 robots are currently operating in 70 countries. With its new functionality, NAO EVOLUTION is the next big step for the development of innovative applications for a broad range of companies and content publishers.
NAO EVOLUTION has the most up-to-date operating system, NAOqi 2.0, now being used by all of the company's robots, including the emotional robot Pepper. Designed for easy natural voice interaction, the NAOqi environment includes a dialogue engine, an emotional engine, and Autonomous Life- the system giving NAO. All robots designed by Aldebaran share the same technologies and operating system, enabling the transfer applications from one robot to another with a minimum amount of adaptation. In this sense, Aldebaran has succeeded in the challenge of creating a unique "platform" available in several humanoid forms and benefiting from the same advanced software.
NAO EVOLUTION also has improved functionality for easy interaction between humans and the robot and allowing developers to program complex sequences themselves:
- Improved shape and facial detection and recognition using new algorithms
- Improved sound source location using 4 directional microphones
- Refined obstacle detection and distance estimation with a detection range from 1 cm (0.39 inches) to 3 m (9.8 feet) using new sonar telemeters
- More powerful battery: 48.6 watt-hours, giving NAO EVOLUTION about 1 h 30 min of battery life in operational mode, i.e. 30% more than the previous generation.
Although NAO EVOLUTION is the same size as before (height: 58 cm, 1.9 feet), it is now:
- Stronger, with metal gears in the neck, hips, legs, and ankles.
- Quieter, with soles that dampen the noise and friction of its footsteps.
- More skillful, grasping objects more easily using finger grips.
"This new phase is fully in line with our vision of eventually offering the greatest possible number of humanoid robots for a variety of purposes" says Bruno Maisonnier, founder and CEO of Aldebaran. "Apart from schools and universities, we would like companies and the developer community to get hold of our robots and create applications that will ensure the success of NAO in the future."
Now available, NAO EVOLUTION will be marketed with package per region.
These packages include a full range of software and services and 1 to 3 years of after-sales servicing and warranties.
RobotsLAB announce the availability of NAO Evolution for our customers! Click below for a price quote: