In this blog post, we want to show you how to sanitize your EdTech equipment and help to prevent the spread of viruses, germs and bacteria. There are some easy measures to help educators, students, and parents stay healthy. Check it out!
Let’s face it, kids at school are at the top of the list when it comes to daily social interactions, making them most at risk for spreading infections. Whether we are talking about the common cold or current concern over COVID-19 This is the step-by-step guide on how to clean and properly disinfect your EdTech equipment!
1. Make sure you have the proper cleaning products, e.g. disposable disinfecting wipes (Lysol or Clorox or similar brands are best) or spray, paper towels (if using a spray) and disposable gloves, if you are sensitive to certain cleaning products.
2. With the gloves on, remove the equipment from their chargers, and transport cases including Power Packs, and place them on a surface to be cleaned
3. Wipe down the equipment making sure that anything that hands have touched is clean.
4. Allow the equipment to dry completely before placing them back on their chargers, making sure they unplugged to any power sources.
5. While unplugged, wipe down the handles, cords, and other touchable surfaces on the Power Packs or other storage containers. When dry, you can plug everything back in to charge up.
6. Wipe down the surface where the equipment was placed for cleaning on with a fresh wipe to finish the disinfection process.
7. Remove and toss your disposable gloves (if you used them) and wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
8. If you are using VR Goggles, you can use disposable VR masks that will prevent your students eyes and nose from infections.
9. Lastly, Just to make sure it is clear, do not spray disinfectant directly on the equipment. spray on a paper towel and then gently wipe the your equipment. Making it wet may short the circuits and void your warranty.
By repeating these easy and quick steps between cohorts or pods of students, you help preventing the spread of viruses, germs and bacteria.Thanks for watching! don't forget to share it and subscribe for future updates.
Discover more ways on how Robots can help Sanitize your classroom and school
Check it out here: